Every Thursday we bring Chef Jimmy from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in studio to share cooking tips and recipes. This week, we’ve got another classy dessert idea to impress your family, friends, or sweetheart: Bananas Foster!
- Bananas. 1 for 2 portions cut into quarters
- ¼ lb. Cubed butter
- 3 oz. Brown sugar
- Pinch Ground cinnamon
- 2 oz. Rum/Banana liquor/whiskey/brandy
- Ice Cream, 1 scoop per person
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a hot pan. Add sugar and bananas to pan cook until sugar starts to brown.
- REMOVE pan from heat. Add alcohol and place pan back on heat (may flame up – take care if using an electric burner add an open flame match or lighter to ignite)
- Sprinkle cinnamon into flame for nice visual appeal.
- Once flame stops (or liquid reduces) to the consistency of maple syrup/honey, swirl in butter to make creamy sauce.
- Serve on ice cream.