The [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] have long been known for the flame red tongue and lips logo designed by John Pasche in 1971 which made its first appearance on the band’s Sticky Fingers album. And now, over 40 years later, a new Rolling Stones Fan Museum in the town of Luechow, Germany has taken the design (which was based on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mick Jagger[/lastfm]’s gigantic mouth) and applied it to their men’s room urinals. According to the L.A. Times, the German women are NOT happy about it!
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Roda Armbruster, who the Times refers to as a “local feminist”, finds the lack of a tongue to be the biggest offense. She claims that without the tongue it is not directly associated with Jagger and is truly feminine:
It’s a woman’s mouth, not a man’s mouth.
Museum director Ulrich Schroeder defends the colorful contraption, saying:
It’s art. It’s staying.
Woman OR man, whichever, don’t you still think it’s a little odd to be peeing into a PERSON’S mouth? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. It does sound though like the museum director is sticking to his guns, likely leaving the feminist to sing the same tune Jagger did in 1965.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- 1059 SUNNY FM Invites You To It’s Just Yoga Health & Fitness Festival
- Join 1059 SUNNY FM For The Taste of Oviedo
- Today In Music History: 02/24/17
- Rick Stacy On Demand 2.24.17
- ZZ Top Extend Tonnage Tour
- Is Dale Earnhardt Jr Really Considering Retirement?
- Top Signs You Should Have Quit Your Job Already
- Peter Gabriel’s Solo Debut: A Look Back, 40 Years Later
- AOL T-Shirt Is Now Retro!
- Smoke Stack’s New Car: “Small Bits Of Rust, But Nothin’ Too Bad”