The [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] have long been known for the flame red tongue and lips logo designed by John Pasche in 1971 which made its first appearance on the band’s Sticky Fingers album. And now, over 40 years later, a new Rolling Stones Fan Museum in the town of Luechow, Germany has taken the design (which was based on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mick Jagger[/lastfm]’s gigantic mouth) and applied it to their men’s room urinals. According to the L.A. Times, the German women are NOT happy about it!
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Roda Armbruster, who the Times refers to as a “local feminist”, finds the lack of a tongue to be the biggest offense. She claims that without the tongue it is not directly associated with Jagger and is truly feminine:
It’s a woman’s mouth, not a man’s mouth.
Museum director Ulrich Schroeder defends the colorful contraption, saying:
It’s art. It’s staying.
Woman OR man, whichever, don’t you still think it’s a little odd to be peeing into a PERSON’S mouth? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. It does sound though like the museum director is sticking to his guns, likely leaving the feminist to sing the same tune Jagger did in 1965.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day
- Awesome Dad Blames Bruce Springsteen for Daughter’s Tardiness
- The Eagles and Jackson Browne to Honor Glenn Frey at GRAMMYs
- Rick Stacy On Demand 2.10.16
- Enter To Win Tickets To See Classic Albums Live Featuring The Eagles Hotel California At Hard Rock Live!
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera
- Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour 2016 With Tampa Date
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Today In Music History: 02/09/2016
- Was Lady Gaga’s National Anthem At The Big Game The Best Ever?
- Rick Stacy Chats With Guy Fieri Before Dr. Phillips Center Appearance