The [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] have long been known for the flame red tongue and lips logo designed by John Pasche in 1971 which made its first appearance on the band’s Sticky Fingers album. And now, over 40 years later, a new Rolling Stones Fan Museum in the town of Luechow, Germany has taken the design (which was based on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mick Jagger[/lastfm]’s gigantic mouth) and applied it to their men’s room urinals. According to the L.A. Times, the German women are NOT happy about it!
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Roda Armbruster, who the Times refers to as a “local feminist”, finds the lack of a tongue to be the biggest offense. She claims that without the tongue it is not directly associated with Jagger and is truly feminine:
It’s a woman’s mouth, not a man’s mouth.
Museum director Ulrich Schroeder defends the colorful contraption, saying:
It’s art. It’s staying.
Woman OR man, whichever, don’t you still think it’s a little odd to be peeing into a PERSON’S mouth? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. It does sound though like the museum director is sticking to his guns, likely leaving the feminist to sing the same tune Jagger did in 1965.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Foreigner’s Original Lineup Mulling Possible Reunion
- Rick Stacy Has Your Solar Eclipse Glasses
- Rick Stacy On Demand 8.17.17
- American Idol In Orlando
- Recycled Muffins Made From Waste
- Celebs Are Still Begging For Hamilton Tickets From Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Ted Nugent Blasts David Crosby Over Rock Hall Insult
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Today In Music History: 08/16/17
- Elvis Presley Fans Now Have to Pay to Visit the Singer’s Grave