The [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] have long been known for the flame red tongue and lips logo designed by John Pasche in 1971 which made its first appearance on the band’s Sticky Fingers album. And now, over 40 years later, a new Rolling Stones Fan Museum in the town of Luechow, Germany has taken the design (which was based on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mick Jagger[/lastfm]’s gigantic mouth) and applied it to their men’s room urinals. According to the L.A. Times, the German women are NOT happy about it!
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Roda Armbruster, who the Times refers to as a “local feminist”, finds the lack of a tongue to be the biggest offense. She claims that without the tongue it is not directly associated with Jagger and is truly feminine:
It’s a woman’s mouth, not a man’s mouth.
Museum director Ulrich Schroeder defends the colorful contraption, saying:
It’s art. It’s staying.
Woman OR man, whichever, don’t you still think it’s a little odd to be peeing into a PERSON’S mouth? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. It does sound though like the museum director is sticking to his guns, likely leaving the feminist to sing the same tune Jagger did in 1965.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Surprising Data About Pot Smokers
- Teach For America Recruits New Teachers For High-Need Schools
- How To Get Free Food (Even When It’s Not Your Birthday!)
- Today In Music History: 04/27/17
- John Lennon ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ Sketch Going to Auction
- Rick Stacy On Demand 4.27.17
- Bruce Springsteen and Steven Van Zandt Mourn Loss of Jonathan Demme
- A Camera That Will Tell You If Your Outfit Is Ugly
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Heat Up Amway Center With Sizzling Show
- [PHOTOS] Red Hot Chili Peppers At Amway Center