The [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] have long been known for the flame red tongue and lips logo designed by John Pasche in 1971 which made its first appearance on the band’s Sticky Fingers album. And now, over 40 years later, a new Rolling Stones Fan Museum in the town of Luechow, Germany has taken the design (which was based on [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mick Jagger[/lastfm]‘s gigantic mouth) and applied it to their men’s room urinals. According to the L.A. Times, the German women are NOT happy about it!
Roda Armbruster, who the Times refers to as a “local feminist”, finds the lack of a tongue to be the biggest offense. She claims that without the tongue it is not directly associated with Jagger and is truly feminine:
It’s a woman’s mouth, not a man’s mouth.
Museum director Ulrich Schroeder defends the colorful contraption, saying:
It’s art. It’s staying.
Woman OR man, whichever, don’t you still think it’s a little odd to be peeing into a PERSON’S mouth? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. It does sound though like the museum director is sticking to his guns, likely leaving the feminist to sing the same tune Jagger did in 1965.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Rick Stacy On Demand 12.12.13
- Clueless Movie Reviews: “The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug”
- Viral Vid Fun: Amazing Elvis Impersonator’s ‘Blue Christmas’
- The 10 Christmas Songs People Look Forward To Most (And 10 They Wish Would Go Away)
- Kevin Cronin Of REO Speedwagon Talks New Music, Foo Fighters And The Nuge
- Interview: Ann Wilson Reflects On Heart’s Remarkable Year
- Dylan, Marley, Lennon Covers Highlight Starbucks Valentine’s Offering
- [PHOTOS] 60 Silly Santas From Around The World
- Paco Poll: If You Won The $400 Million In Mega Millions, What Would You Buy Yourself?
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain