Madonna Sounds Off On M.I.A. Middle Finger Flap
[pullquote quote="I was really surprised. I didn't know anything about it." credit="Madonna"]It wasn’t a classic wardrobe malfunction that got people talking after Madonna‘s Super Bowl halftime show and Madonna wasn’t even involved in the controversy. It was an obscene gesture (namely a raised middle finger) by rapper [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]M.I.A.[/lastfm] that was broadcast on TV during the most watched show of all time. After the incident (and an apology by the NFL and NBC) Madonna kept quiet on the subject. Until today.
MTV is reporting that during a call to a radio station host today, Madonna broker her silence on the matter, stating:
I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it. I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy and positivity; it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager, irrelevant thing to do. … There was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point? It was just out of place.
Has age mellowed the former rebel? Whatever it may be, it’s nice to see her take the stance that it was an unnecessary attention-grabbing ploy that took away from the overall good feeling of the show. Apparently she has the same feelings on the matter as she does on hydrangeas.
Get the latest from SUNNY:
- Listen This Winning Wednesday For A Chance To Win Tickets To The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex!
- Listen This Week And You Could Be Headed To The Richard Petty Driving Experience Or The Exotic Driving Experience At The Walt Disney World Speedway!
- Domino’s Gridiron Blitz Week 12
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Hangout With Domino At The Turkey Trot 5K This Thanksgiving