With the news of the death of Whitney Houston over the weekend, record sales for Houston‘s past work skyrocketed, with the biggest being her only best of collection, Whitney: The Greatest Hits. But her final studio album, I Look To You, which seemed to slip through the cracks when it was released in 2009, is also getting a second look. I’ve bec0me particularly fascinated with the album’s title track.
The lyrics, which find the artist down on her luck and looking to a higher power for support, are both inspirational, and in the light of her tragic end, extremely heartbreaking at the same time.
[metrolyrics artist="Whitney Houston " song="I Look To You"]
What do you think of I Look To You? Let us know in the comments below.
Get the latest from SUNNY:
- Barbra Streisand To Receive Honorary Ph.D
- From The Doors To X, Ray Manzarek’s Legacy – In His Own Words
- The Oklahoma Tornado: How Can You Help?
- [VIDEO] Woman Finds Lost Dog Amidst Tornado Rubble
- Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Succumbs To Cancer
- Rare Beatles Guitar Fetches $408,000 At Auction
- Ted Nugent’s Brother Speaks Out About Gun Control: ‘The NRA Has It Wrong’
- [VIDEO] TV News Crew Abandons Broadcast During Tornado Warning
- Ringo Starr At The Chelsea Flower Show
- John Fogerty On A CCR Reunion: ‘It’s A Possibility In The Future’