Gas Prices Reaching $6.00 In Orlando?
With both All Star Weekend and the Daytona 500 upon us, the Central Florida area is currently playing host to tons of out-of-town visitors. And those visitors may be shocked when they pull up to the pump and see gas prices as high as $5.89 in the Orlando area!
CBS Tampa checked in with GasBuddy.com to find the price of Gasoline at a Shell station in the Lake Buena Vista area near Disney going for $5.89 per gallon. Two other notoriously high stations close to the airport currently have their prices listed at $5.79 and $5.69. A Mobil station in the Lake Buena Vista area also checks in as one of the highest pump prices in the state at $4.69.
According to Jessica Brady, a AAA spokeswoman who spoke with CBS Tampa, “Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida.”
The current average price for gasoline in Florida is $3.67 per gallon for unleaded. That’s twelve cents higher than the national average.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Big Win For Jesse Ventura Money And Passage Removed From “American Sniper” Book
- George Michael Hints At Wham! Reunion
- Rick Stacy On Demand 7.30.14
- Enter To Win Tickets To An Advance Screening Of The Giver!
- Here Comes Tax Free Weekend
- Meet Reality TV Show Stars At The GKTW Hearts Of Reality Weekend Fundraiser
- Cool Places Close To Home: “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition”
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Rick Stacy On Demand 7.29.14
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall