With both All Star Weekend and the Daytona 500 upon us, the Central Florida area is currently playing host to tons of out-of-town visitors. And those visitors may be shocked when they pull up to the pump and see gas prices as high as $5.89 in the Orlando area!
CBS Tampa checked in with GasBuddy.com to find the price of Gasoline at a Shell station in the Lake Buena Vista area near Disney going for $5.89 per gallon. Two other notoriously high stations close to the airport currently have their prices listed at $5.79 and $5.69. A Mobil station in the Lake Buena Vista area also checks in as one of the highest pump prices in the state at $4.69.
According to Jessica Brady, a AAA spokeswoman who spoke with CBS Tampa, “Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida.”
The current average price for gasoline in Florida is $3.67 per gallon for unleaded. That’s twelve cents higher than the national average.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Steven Van Zandt On James Gandolfini: “I Have Lost A Brother And A Best Friend”
- “Sopranos” Star James Gandolfini Dead At 51
- The Beatles/Rolling Stones Rivalry Continues (Sort Of) At Glastonbury
- Never Say Die: Black Sabbath Hit #1 On Billboard Album Charts
- [PHOTOS] Elizabeth Taylor’s First Wedding Dress And More Up For Auction
- Legendary Yodeler Slim Whitman Dead At 90
- Brad Paisley Plays ‘Dead Flowers’ With The Rolling Stones: Watch
- Are These Seriously The 20 Worst Bands Of All Time?
- Win The Ultimate Wrigleyville Experience
- Author Rik Feeney Talks About Independent Publishing And The Florida Writers Association