With both All Star Weekend and the Daytona 500 upon us, the Central Florida area is currently playing host to tons of out-of-town visitors. And those visitors may be shocked when they pull up to the pump and see gas prices as high as $5.89 in the Orlando area!
CBS Tampa checked in with GasBuddy.com to find the price of Gasoline at a Shell station in the Lake Buena Vista area near Disney going for $5.89 per gallon. Two other notoriously high stations close to the airport currently have their prices listed at $5.79 and $5.69. A Mobil station in the Lake Buena Vista area also checks in as one of the highest pump prices in the state at $4.69.
According to Jessica Brady, a AAA spokeswoman who spoke with CBS Tampa, “Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida.”
The current average price for gasoline in Florida is $3.67 per gallon for unleaded. That’s twelve cents higher than the national average.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Today In Music History: 05/31/2016
- The Rolling Stones’ Ronnie Wood Becomes Father to Twins
- Elton John and Vladimir Putin Delay Meeting Due to Schedule Conflicts
- Bono, Springsteen Team Up With ‘Because The Night’
- Rick Stacy On Demand 5.31.16
- Was Prince a Hip-Hop Pioneer? Questlove Makes the Case
- Listen To Win A $50 Cash Card Courtesy Of AMC’s ‘FEED THE BEAST’
- SUNNY Fringe Pick 5.29.16: Edgar Allan
- Listen To Win Classic Albums Live: Prince “Purple Rain” Tickets
- Listen To Domino To Win Tickets To Johnny’s Fillin’ Station BBQ Battle