Gas Prices Reaching $6.00 In Orlando?
With both All Star Weekend and the Daytona 500 upon us, the Central Florida area is currently playing host to tons of out-of-town visitors. And those visitors may be shocked when they pull up to the pump and see gas prices as high as $5.89 in the Orlando area!
CBS Tampa checked in with GasBuddy.com to find the price of Gasoline at a Shell station in the Lake Buena Vista area near Disney going for $5.89 per gallon. Two other notoriously high stations close to the airport currently have their prices listed at $5.79 and $5.69. A Mobil station in the Lake Buena Vista area also checks in as one of the highest pump prices in the state at $4.69.
According to Jessica Brady, a AAA spokeswoman who spoke with CBS Tampa, “Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida.”
The current average price for gasoline in Florida is $3.67 per gallon for unleaded. That’s twelve cents higher than the national average.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- MetroPCS Is Giving You A Shot To Win Tickets To The Beer & Bacon Festival & $125 Worth Of Restaurant Gift Cards
- The U.S. Open Of Water Ski Is This Saturday!
- Listen To Win Tickets To An Orlando Magic Game At The Amway Center
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not A Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Domino’s Gridiron Blitz Week 8
- Pearl Jam Dedicate ‘Light Years’ to Isaiah ‘Ikey’ Owens in Detroit: Watch
- [WATCH] Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen
- [WATCH] Jimmy Kimmel Weighs In On ‘What Bono Should Have Said’
- Rick Stacy On Demand 10.17.14