Gas Prices Reaching $6.00 In Orlando?
With both All Star Weekend and the Daytona 500 upon us, the Central Florida area is currently playing host to tons of out-of-town visitors. And those visitors may be shocked when they pull up to the pump and see gas prices as high as $5.89 in the Orlando area!
CBS Tampa checked in with GasBuddy.com to find the price of Gasoline at a Shell station in the Lake Buena Vista area near Disney going for $5.89 per gallon. Two other notoriously high stations close to the airport currently have their prices listed at $5.79 and $5.69. A Mobil station in the Lake Buena Vista area also checks in as one of the highest pump prices in the state at $4.69.
According to Jessica Brady, a AAA spokeswoman who spoke with CBS Tampa, “Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida.”
The current average price for gasoline in Florida is $3.67 per gallon for unleaded. That’s twelve cents higher than the national average.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Disney Star Dean Jones Dead At 84
- Phil Collins to Re-Issue Solo Albums
- New Death Row Records Film In The Works
- New ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Cast Revealed
- Jamie Lee Curtis Is Screaming Again In ‘Scream Queens’
- 20,000 Expected At The 2015 Greater Orlando Heart Walk on September 12th
- The 3rd Annual Tunnel To Towers 5K Honors Fallen Firefighters
- New Janis Joplin Documentary Coming To Film Festivals This Fall
- Full ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 21 Cast Revealed
- America’s Top 10 Worst Places To Live