Gas Prices Reaching $6.00 In Orlando?
With both All Star Weekend and the Daytona 500 upon us, the Central Florida area is currently playing host to tons of out-of-town visitors. And those visitors may be shocked when they pull up to the pump and see gas prices as high as $5.89 in the Orlando area!
CBS Tampa checked in with GasBuddy.com to find the price of Gasoline at a Shell station in the Lake Buena Vista area near Disney going for $5.89 per gallon. Two other notoriously high stations close to the airport currently have their prices listed at $5.79 and $5.69. A Mobil station in the Lake Buena Vista area also checks in as one of the highest pump prices in the state at $4.69.
According to Jessica Brady, a AAA spokeswoman who spoke with CBS Tampa, “Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida.”
The current average price for gasoline in Florida is $3.67 per gallon for unleaded. That’s twelve cents higher than the national average.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- “Les Miserables” Flash Mob Hits Mall At Millenia
- Viral Vid Fun: Locust Swarm
- Rick Stacy On Demand 9.2.14
- James Taylor Coming To Orlando’s Amway Center
- Survivor Lead Singer Jimi Jamison Dead At 63
- Listen To Rick Stacy To Win A $50 Tropical Smoothie Café Gift Card & Tickets To The Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show!
- Rick Stacy & The 1059 SUNNY FM Crew Support The Greater Orlando Heart Walk!
- Tears for Fears Announce First U.S. Tour in Three Years
- Radio.com Minimation: Lou Reed’s ‘Dime Story Mystery’
- Hear an Alternate Version of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Black Dog’