CBS Miami is reporting that Monkees singer Davy Jones has passed away at the age of 66. A rep for Davy Jones has confirmed that the singer has died from an apparent heart attack he suffered this morning.
The medical examiner’s office in Martin County, right here in Florida, confirmed that “they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.”
Davy is survived by his wife, Jessica, and 4 daughters from previous marriages.
One fan instantly took to Twitter with this sentiment:
I kinda wanna just watch the Brady Bunch episode with Davy Jones now :l—
Krizia (@kriztweetsalot) February 29, 2012
We couldn’t agree more. R.I.P. Davy!
For more on the death of Davy Jones, head to CBS Miami.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- The Drive-In Theater Turns 80
- Leukemia And Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night Walk Set For October 10th
- Bob Dylan Spotted Painting Topless Women in Central Park
- Orange County Extension Education Center Offers Horticulture Classes This Summer
- Would You Rather: New Stones Music Or Mick Jagger’s Hair?
- Ron Wood On The Rolling Stones’ Future: ‘We’ve Just Got To Find The Gaps To Record’
- Hats Off To Bob Dylan: Win Your AmericanaramA Tickets
- Win Tickets To See Bob Dylan This Freewheelin’ Friday!
- Win Tickets To LEGOLAND® Florida And A Family McCafe Break From McDonalds!
- Rare Beatles Single Sells For Over $10,000