CBS Miami is reporting that Monkees singer Davy Jones has passed away at the age of 66. A rep for Davy Jones has confirmed that the singer has died from an apparent heart attack he suffered this morning.
The medical examiner’s office in Martin County, right here in Florida, confirmed that “they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.”
Davy is survived by his wife, Jessica, and 4 daughters from previous marriages.
One fan instantly took to Twitter with this sentiment:
We couldn’t agree more. R.I.P. Davy!
For more on the death of Davy Jones, head to CBS Miami.
What’s new on SUNNY?
- Bobby Vee Dead at 73
- Dead Or Alive Singer Pete Burns Dead At 57
- Today In Music History: 10/24/16
- Brian May Cancels Remaining Tour Dates
- Rick Stacy On Demand 10.24.16
- Chad Smith’s ‘New Boy Band’ Includes Chris Martin, Beck and Jakob Dylan
- Listen To Win Movie Tickets To See ‘Keeping Up With The Joneses’
- Listen To Win Tickets To The AutoNation Cure Bowl
- Rolling Stones Share New Track ‘Hate To See You Go’
- Today In Music History: 10/21/16