Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Elton John Lends Entire Back Catalog To Australian Electronic Duo Pnau
July 3, 2012 2:58 PM
- Barbra Streisand Receives... Bob Dylan Through The Years Bon Jovi's Isle Of Wight... 2013 Songwriters Hall Of Fame...
- GLAM! Exhibit Opens In Germany Robert Conrad Represents "The... Transformers 4: The Cars Paul McCartney Plays Brooklyn
- Cyndi Lauper At The Tonys National Donut Day At SUNNY... Boston Strong: An Evening Of... Domino At SeaWorld's...
- John Fogerty "Wrote A Song... Carole King First Woman To... Jerry Lewis Returns To Film... A-ha's Morten Harket Makes...
- Are authorities closer to finding former Teamsters chief Jimmy #Hoffa's remains? cbsloc.al/12HgHDZ 9 hours ago
- Romantic #honeymoon destinations – right here in the US! Did your favorite make the list? cbsloc.al/11IQb79 10 hours ago
- WATCH: Fox with head stuck in jar comes to people for help: bit.ly/11IZEv9 11 hours ago
- Does the Six-Million Dollar Man live in Massachusetts??? cbsloc.al/16e2IDN 12 hours ago
- If you can count, you could win your way to see @bobdylan! cbsloc.al/16e2wV4 13 hours ago