Every Thursday we bring Chef Jimmy from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in studio to share cooking tips and recipes. This week, Jimmy’s got a Fall-themed recipe that’s bound to become a breakfast favorite once you try it. Like pumpkin pie? Like pancakes? Get ready to taste heaven on a plate, which is to say, get ready to experience Chef Jimmy’s Pumpkin Pancakes!
Click the “play” button below to listen to Chef Jimmy on the air with Rick this morning:
And here’s the video from this morning – you’ll see these are super easy to make!
Chef Jimmy’s Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar (or honey)
- Pumpkin pie spice, to taste (1 tbsp.)
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more as needed for griddle
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and egg. Whisk wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined, then fold in the pumpkin puree. You may have some lumps.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. If you do not have either, you can use some pan spray in a sauté pan instead. Brush griddle with butter, then spoon batter onto griddle 1/3 cups at a time, or desired size for pancake. (For larger pancakes, add more.)
- Cook until edges are set and the center bubbles, then carefully flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Serve with maple syrup, butter, and Neuski’s bacon on a crisp, Autumn morning, and enjoy!