Chef Jimmy’s Weekly Recipes: Key Lime Pie
Yes, it’s true: Chef Jimmy’s Weekly Recipes has returned to “The Rick Stacy Morning Show”! Every Thursday Chef Jimmy will bring you the best and often the easiest in creative cuisine to our studio, and we’ll in turn provide you with the recipes so that you can make these great dishes at home! This week, as Jimmy’s counting down to his impending wedding to the lovely Chef Elizabeth, he’s decided to share his spin on a classic Key West dessert: Key Lime Pie!
First, in case you missed it this morning, here’s Jimmy on the air with Rick talking about how easy it is to make Key Lime Pie from scratch. Don’t bother with pre-made pie crusts and pie filling — this is even easier!
Here’s the recipe. Yes, it really IS this easy!
Key Lime Pie
- 10 ounces graham cracker crumbs
- 2-3 ounces melted butter (OR cheat and pick up 1 ready-made graham cracker crust shell (9 inches))
- 1 can of condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 5 each egg yolks
- 1 cup Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice
Garnish with whipped cream & a lime
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter. The consistency should be the same as sand on the beach right at the edge of the water: it should clump together in your hand, yet easily crumble apart.
- Line a pie pan with the graham cracker butter mixture and press into the pan so it holds shape, then bake at 350° for 2-3 minutes to set. (or pick up a ready-made pie shell)
- Combine the egg yolks, condensed milk, and lime juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix well, then pour into pie pan and let bake for 7-10 minutes at 350°.
- Allow to cool, then cut and enjoy with a wedge of lime and whipped cream.