As we’ve noted over the past year with huge tours by both The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney, just because your’e a grandparent doesn’t mean it’s time to lay down the guitar or leave the stage. NME.com recently took at look at this phenomenon and came up with a list of 25 rockers who just happen to be grandparents.
1. B.B. King: 88 . . . Rumored to have 50 grandchildren and between eight and 10 great-grandchildren.
2. Bob Dylan: 72 . . . Has nine grandchildren, including 18-year-old rapper, Pablo Dylan.
3. Bob Geldof: 62 . . . Has a grandson.
4. James Taylor: 65 . . . Has a grandson.
5. Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin: 69 . . . Has a granddaughter.
6. Joe Perry of Aerosmith: 63 . . . Has a grandson.
7. John “Johnny Rotten” Lydon of The Sex Pistols: 57 . . . Has two grandkids.
8. Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones: 67 . . . Has three grandkids.
9. Joni Mitchell: 69 . . . Has two grandkids from daughter Kelly, who was given up for adoption when Mitchell was 20.
10. Keith Richards: 69 . . . Has four grandchildren.
11. Lionel Richie: 64 . . . Has two grandchildren.
12. Mick Jagger: 70 . . . Has four grandchildren, and a great-grandchild on the way.
13. Meat Loaf: 66 . . . Has one grandkid.
14. Neil Diamond: 72 . . . Has seven grandchildren.
15. Neneh Cherry: 49 . . . Has one grandchild.
16. Ozzy Osbourne: 64 . . . Has five grandchildren.
17. Paul McCartney: 71 . . . Has six grandchildren.
18. Rev Run of Run-D.M.C.: 48 . . . First grandchild is on the way.
19. Ringo Starr: 73 . . . Has two grandkids.
20. Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin: 65 . . . Has five grandchildren.
21. Rod Stewart: 68 . . . Became a grandfather for the first time last year.
22. Ronnie Wood: 66 . . . Two grandkids.
23. Roger Daltrey from The Who: 69 . . . Has 10 grandkids.
24. Steven Tyler: 65 . . . Has one grandkid.
25. Tina Turner: 73 . . . Has two grandchildren.
More From SUNNY
- Join Domino On His Get Lucky Singles Cruise!
- SUNNY Summer Staycation Featuring Kimpton EPIC Hotel
- Listen To Win A $50 Walmart Gift Card
- Listen To Win Psychedelic Furs Tickets
- Rod Stewart & Cyndi Lauper Are The Stars Of This Winning Wednesday
- Johnny Depp Apologizes For Presidential Assassination Joke
- Celebration Town Center’s presents A Sci-Fi 4th of July
- Today In Music History: 06/23/17
- Watch this Gorilla Dance to ‘Maniac’
- Snoop Dogg, Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Ice-T, Others to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame