Here Comes Tax Free Weekend
Single dads love tax free weekend. In fact, I’m sure everyone does, but I really look forward to stretching my dollar for back to school items.
I did say back to school. Is it just me or does summer just fly by and without warning you are at the store buying supplies, clothes and everything else under the sun?
I remember when I was a kid, we got some pencils, notebooks, maybe one binder and that was it.
The current mandatory list in Seminole county includes everything from computer paper, disinfectant wipes and plastic bags to enough glue sticks to wallpaper a house. With all of these supplies, tax free makes a huge difference.
The hardest thing to do was convince my little girl Zoe to wait. She’s chomping at the bit to get her stuff and I keep saying that if we wait until this weekend WE CAN GET MORE STUFF….for the same amount of money.
Click here to view a list of items that are included in the tax free weekend. The tax free weekend runs from Friday, August 1st through Sunday, August 3rd.
Here’s to another great school year with more learning, more great friendships and better school lunches! Okay, just the first two.
The Latest From 1059 SUNNY FM
- Enter To Win A $100 Seminole Harley Davidson Gift Card
- Gregg Allman Talks Dickey Betts, and the Future of the Allman Brothers Band
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical
- The Pretenders Singer Chrissie Hynde Under Fire for Rape Comments
- ‘Spamalot’ Promo Video Features Mayor Buddy Dyer & More
- Viral Vid Fun: Oven Kid Gets Things Cooking With ‘Star Wars’ Cantina Song
- Horror Director Wes Craven Dead At 76
- MTV VMAs 2015: Complete Winners List
- Enter To Win A $50 Amazon GC From BIOTA Botanicals Advanced Herbal Care!
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic in History