Orlando Makes Top 10 Best Cities For Pet Lovers
Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- Enter To Win A $100 Seminole Harley Davidson Gift Card
- Gregg Allman Talks Dickey Betts, and the Future of the Allman Brothers Band
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical
- The Pretenders Singer Chrissie Hynde Under Fire for Rape Comments
- ‘Spamalot’ Promo Video Features Mayor Buddy Dyer & More
- Viral Vid Fun: Oven Kid Gets Things Cooking With ‘Star Wars’ Cantina Song
- Horror Director Wes Craven Dead At 76
- MTV VMAs 2015: Complete Winners List
- Enter To Win A $50 Amazon GC From BIOTA Botanicals Advanced Herbal Care!
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic in History