Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- New Study Suggests Orlando Among Cities With “Worst Traffic”
- A Preview Of Orlando City Soccer Club’s New Stadium
- Viral Vid Fun: Dancing Goat Farmer Goes Viral
- John Mellencamp Announces New Album ‘Sad Clowns and Hillbillies’
- 1059 SUNNY FM Invites You To It’s Just Yoga Health & Fitness Festival
- Join 1059 SUNNY FM For The Taste of Oviedo
- Today In Music History: 02/24/17
- Rick Stacy On Demand 2.24.17
- ZZ Top Extend Tonnage Tour
- Is Dale Earnhardt Jr Really Considering Retirement?