Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- The 50 Most Powerful Moms
- Paco To Hit The Stage In Celebrity Lip Sync Battle
- Prince was Set to Meet with an Addiction Specialist the Day He Died
- Watch Luke Skywalker Sing Celine Dion’s ‘All By Myself’
- In Honor Of ‘Beautiful’: 10 Things You May Not Know About Carole King
- Cyndi Lauper Collaborates with Willie Nelson, Vince Gill and Yodeling Jewel on ‘Detour’
- Hip-Hop Community and Friends Mourn Afeni Shakur
- Emergency Call Log from Prince’s Paisley Park Estate Released
- Rick Stacy On Demand 5.4.16
- ‘Blues Brothers’ Animated Series in the Works