Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- Today In Music History: 01/24/17
- ‘La La Land’ Leads 2017 Academy Award Nominations
- Rick Stacy On Demand 1.24.17
- Justin Timberlake, Lin-Manuel Miranda Nominated for Oscars
- Neil Diamond Celebrates 50th Anniversary with 50-Song Compilation
- Watch Stevie Wonder Perform ‘Superstition’ with a Flustered Busker
- Ted Nugent Upset over ‘Old Withered Madonna’s’ White House Comments
- Rod Stewart, Cyndi Lauper Concert Presale
- Pink Floyd’s ‘Animals’ at 40: A Look Back at Their Most Underrated Album
- Florida Tops List Of Best States To Retire In 2017