Orlando Makes Top 10 Best Cities For Pet Lovers
Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- Gregg Allman Announces 2015 Spring Tour
- The Big Game And The Big Commercials
- Michael Moore Responds to ‘Haters,’ Points Out His Support for Troops
- Study Finds Four Florida Cities Among “Unhealthiest In The U.S.”
- Rick Stacy On Demand 1.26.15
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for ‘Stay With Me’
- Win A $100 Gift Card From Seminole Harley-Davidson
- Listen To Win Tickets To The 2015 Downtown Food And Wine Fest
- Listen to Win Tickets To See New Kids On The Block At The Amway Center
- Score DAYTONA 500 tickets with Rick Stacy!