Orlando Makes Top 10 Best Cities For Pet Lovers
Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- Has David Bowie Played His Last Show?
- Gators Starting QB Will Grier Suspended For Rest Of Season
- Amy Poehler and Jack Black Sing Classic Bette Midler Tune
- 7 Things We Hope to See at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Rick Stacy On Demand 10.12.15
- ‘Halloween’ Is Orlando’s Choice In America’s Favorite Horror Flicks
- Enter To Win Tickets To See Classic Albums Live Featuring Led Zeppelin IV At Hard Rock Live!
- Listen To Rick Stacy To Win A $100 Gift Card To Any Talk Of The Town Restaurant
- [PHOTOS] The 3rd Annual Beer, Bacon & BBQ Festival 2015
- Enter To Win Tickets To Experience Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream!