Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- 20 Rock Legends, 0 #1 Singles
- Mick Jagger Debuts 2 New Tracks ‘Gotta Get A Grip’, ‘England Lost’
- Today In Music History: 07/27/17
- Ringo Starr Shares ‘We’re on the Road Again’ Featuring Paul McCartney
- Rick Stacy On Demand 7.27.17
- Top Fifty Workplace Jargon We Hate
- What Type Of Facebook User Are You?
- MTV Awards Go Gender-Neutral
- Madonna Wins Lawsuit Against Tabloid that Leaked Her Adoption Details
- Kid Rock on Senate Run: ‘Democrats are Shattin’ in their Pantaloons’