Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey Says Rock is Dead
- Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black’ Turns Ten
- Today In Music History: 10/27/16
- What Your Favorite Halloween Candy Says About You
- The Doors’ ‘London Fog 1966’ Captures One of the Band’s Earliest Gigs
- Rick Stacy On Demand 10.28.16
- Burn Calories By Watching Horror Films
- Oviedo Woman’s Club Great Day In The Country
- Martha’s Angels Helps Breast Cancer Fighters With Financial Aid
- The Morse Museum Celebrates 75 Years