Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- Enter To Win Dinner For Two Courtesy Of Orlando’s Magical Dining Month!
- Today In Music History: 08/23/16
- Rick Stacy On Demand 8.23.16
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’
- New Season of Dan Rather’s ‘The Big Interview’ to Debut with Neil Young
- Aretha Franklin Cancels Five Shows Due to Health Concerns
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Sued Over Howlin’ Wolf Documentary
- Coldplay Cover Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ with James Corden
- Berlin Pays Tribute to Bowie with Commemorative Plaque
- Twisted Sister Frontman Turns ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ into Piano Ballad