The Gift Of Life Benefits The Neonatal Unit At Florida Hospital For Children
The Gift of Life is a black tie affair that will benefit the Florida Hospital for Children. The goal is to raise money for new equipment and other needs for the neonatal unit. The event will take place on September 13th at the Rosen Centre Hotel and will include surprise celebrity guests, a silent auction and special performances.
Event Coordinator Rosie Moore stopped by the SUNNY Across Central Florida studios to talk about The Gift of Life event. Rosie has a personal stake in the success of this event as she had a premature baby born at 27 weeks old. Her child was in the neonatal intensive care unit for five months. This experience spurred Rosie to help other parents with premature babies. Rosie explained how the money raised will go towards the purchase of new equipment as well as towards the creation of a film based on Rosie’s story. The film, “A Story of Faith”, will be used to create resources for parents with children in the NICU unit.
For more information visit www.astoryoffaith.com or call 407-567-7535.
More SUNNY Across Central Florida
- The Seminole 5K And Health Expo Highlights National Public Health Week
- The Center For Independent Living’s Rampage 2015
- Seminole State College Celebrates 50 years
- American Heart Association Advocates Teaching CPR In High Schools
- Osceola Council On Aging’s March For Meals 5K Raises Awareness Of Senior Hunger
- Princeton House Charter School March For Autism 5K at Blue Jacket Park
- Orlando FIRST Robotics Competition Regional
- National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day
- The 21st Annual Taste Of Oviedo
- Children’s Miracle Network National Pancake Day Fundraiser