The Gift of Life is a black tie affair that will benefit the Florida Hospital for Children. The goal is to raise money for new equipment and other needs for the neonatal unit. The event will take place on September 13th at the Rosen Centre Hotel and will include surprise celebrity guests, a silent auction and special performances.
Event Coordinator Rosie Moore stopped by the SUNNY Across Central Florida studios to talk about The Gift of Life event. Rosie has a personal stake in the success of this event as she had a premature baby born at 27 weeks old. Her child was in the neonatal intensive care unit for five months. This experience spurred Rosie to help other parents with premature babies. Rosie explained how the money raised will go towards the purchase of new equipment as well as towards the creation of a film based on Rosie’s story. The film, “A Story of Faith”, will be used to create resources for parents with children in the NICU unit.
For more information visit www.astoryoffaith.com or call 407-567-7535.
More SUNNY Across Central Florida
- Holiday Ice Rink Returns For Winter In The Park
- The Adoption & Family Support Center Provides Assistance For Adoptive and Birth Families
- Join Domino At The Seniors First Turkey Trot At Lake Eola
- The Community Food And Outreach Center Provides A Hand Up For Those In Need
- Second Harvest Food Bank Of Central Florida Distributes Donated Food To Help Relieve Hunger
- The Sons of the American Revolution Hopes To Preserve Patriotism
- Over 60,000 Expected At The 42nd Annual Great Day In The Country Festival
- Salute Our Veterans At Red, White and Swing
- Low Income Students Benefit From The Strides For Education 5K
- The 5th Annual Guardian Ad Litem Superhero 5K Run Returns To UCF November 7th