The Gift of Life is a black tie affair that will benefit the Florida Hospital for Children. The goal is to raise money for new equipment and other needs for the neonatal unit. The event will take place on September 13th at the Rosen Centre Hotel and will include surprise celebrity guests, a silent auction and special performances.
Event Coordinator Rosie Moore stopped by the SUNNY Across Central Florida studios to talk about The Gift of Life event. Rosie has a personal stake in the success of this event as she had a premature baby born at 27 weeks old. Her child was in the neonatal intensive care unit for five months. This experience spurred Rosie to help other parents with premature babies. Rosie explained how the money raised will go towards the purchase of new equipment as well as towards the creation of a film based on Rosie’s story. The film, “A Story of Faith”, will be used to create resources for parents with children in the NICU unit.
For more information visit www.astoryoffaith.com or call 407-567-7535.
More SUNNY Across Central Florida
- Cultural Fusion Theater Dedicated To Producing Works With African-American/Hispanic Point Of View
- The 2nd Annual Indie-Folkfest At The Mennello Museum Of American Art Spotlights Local Artists
- Out Of The Darkness Community Walk Raises Awareness For Suicide Prevention
- Best Buddies Aims To Change Hearts And Minds
- The 8th Annual Fruitcakes In The Alley Is This Weekend!
- Ronald McDonald House Provides A Home For Families Of Children In Hospitals
- Ability Housing Creates Solutions For Homeless Families And Individuals
- Otronicon Is Back At The Orlando Science Center
- Habitat For Humanity Hosts A Holiday Open House On December 17th
- The Howey-In-The-Hills Christmas Festival Returns December 11th And 12th