Times have changed so much since our kids, were kids.
We used to spank them in the street when they didn’t listen, do something we told them not to do, or even stayed out too late.
Then along came Dr. Benjamin Spock, who considered “time out” one of the few ways to punish our kids. Spanking was definitely off limits.
So, we [as a society] changed our thinking. Our parenting parameters were reset and our next generation of children were raised differently.
That being said, even by today’s standards, when we look at celebrities, and consider their parenting skills, which just don’t cut the mustard?
Cheatsheet.com has come up with a list of the 15 worst celebrity parents.
Their criteria was primarily when parents cross the line and loses all sense of parental responsibilities, allowing the child(ren) to have to deal with unnecessary trauma. Here is the list of the 15 worst celebrity parents.
15. Nadya Suleman – The Octomom. Right from the start. A woman who has six children, should NOT have another 8 – especially when they’re octuplets. Now THAT is irresponsible, right from the start. Three years ago, she was taken to court by the IRS for attempting to defraud the government of $30,000 worth of earnings. Add to that the fact that for a while she worked doing “adult films” and it’s easy to see why she made the list.
14. Hulk Hogan – The “Hultster” decided to have an affair with his daughter’s best friend. That “brilliant move” ended his marriage and landed him at #14 on our list.
13. Alec Baldwin – Years ago, Baldwin left a message on his 11 year old daughter’s voicemail. He called her “a rude, thoughtless little pig.” He went on to also say, “you don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being.” Certainly NOT the way to talk to your child. Oh, did I mention he called her mother, “a thoughtless pain in the ass.”
12. Michael Jackson – Here’s another “bad parent” moment. Just ONE single incident that personified bad parenting. The day the King of Pop hung his child over a balcony while in Berlin, Germany. He later would say that he only wanted to “show” his child to the crowd. Add to that the fact that he seemed to be an absent single parent, and seemed to (for years) be entangled in multiple cases where he was accused of child molestation. It just didn’t make for a good foundation for his own children.
11. Woody Allen – When ANYONE decides to marry their own step-daughter, it immediately puts them on a bad parent list. That’s exactly what Woody did when he wed Soon-Yi Previn. When the two met, Allen was dating Mia Farrow. A woman who was 9 years his junior. Soon-Yi, aside from being his step-daughter and now his wife, is 35 years younger…and for all practical purposes is young enough to be his granddaughter.
And now the Top 10.
10. O.J. Simpson – Though he was acquitted of murder of his ex-wife and her friend Ronald Goldman in 1994, the former Heisman Trophy winner was found guilty of “wrongful death” in a civil trial to the tune of a 33 million dollar settlement. The two trials leave what many Americans (to date) feel uneasy and unconvinced one way or the other about his guilt, or innocence. By the way, the debt from the civil trial has yet to be paid off.
9. Joe Jackson – Though Michael Jackson made the list at #12, his father outdid him by landing at #9. He admits to having beaten his children with a belt when they were young. The Daily Mail wrote that in an interview with UK journalist Martin Bashir, Michael Jackson claimed his father, “…was a bully who emotionally and physically abused his sons.” Also, during an Oprah interview in 2010, the Jackson Patriarch refused to apologize for his behavior or parenting, saying “I don’t regret it.”
8. Chris Jenner – Her title the “Mom-ager” as she’s been less than affectionately called, and matriarch of the Kardashian Klan has “pimped” her kids to the media for the sake of the all mighty dollar. In “Kardashian Dynasty: The Controversial Rise of America’s Royal Family”, author Ian Halperin claims that Jenner herself was the responsible for leaking Kim Kardashian’s now-infamous sex tape. He says that, “it was Kris who engineered the deal behind the scenes and was responsible for the tape seeing the light of day.” And now…they’re all millionaires.
7. Courtney Love – Courtney Love has admitted that she di heroin while pregnant with her and Kurt Cobain’s daughter Frances. Now, THERE’S a reason to get on this list. Since then, she’s lost custody after overdosing on Oxycontin, and a possession arrest.
6. Charlie Sheen – Charlie Sheen has been a parental nightmare. Highlighted by outrageous Twitter-rants against his ex-wife, Denise Richards, in 2015. Plus, a restraining order filed by Richards back in 2005 that cited “abusive and threatening” behavior. As if that wasn’t enough, he was hit with another restraining order in 2011 from his OTHER ex-wife, Brooke Mueller.
…and now, drum roll please…the Top 5
5. Kate Gosselin – The former star of “Jon & Kate Plus 8”, Gosselin appears to have had incidents of abuse according to the media. She is currently fighting litigation which claims abuse. In a leaked entry from her journal, she writes about an incident where her two year old son, Collins, who spilled a bag of beans was punished when she “grabbed him and spanked him as hard as I could. Gosselin continued, “I have never felt that I may seriously injure a child but today was that day.”
4. Dina Lohan – Dina Lohan was more of a party gal pal than a mom in the way she handled her (at the time) underaged daughter Lindsay. Honorable mention also goes to father Michael. He had a long list of drug -related violations, as well as a DUI.
…Here are your Top 3!
3. Farrah Abraham – It’s a shame how VH-1’s “Teen Mom” show has glamorized (even more than Hollywood) having children as a young teen, out of wedlock, as well as irresponsible behavior as a parent. Former “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham was “exposed” in sex tapes, (Kim Kardashian flashback). Abraham even called her sick daughter “too stupid to get ready,” after she didn’t want to come downstairs for a party.
Abraham spends much of her waking hours yelling at her young daughter, creating unnecessary drama, and garnering (inexplicable) ratings for VH-1. And THAT’s why they put these kids on the “boob tube”.
2. Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown – “Crack is Whack!” Yet, it appeared that both of these parents spent much of their time in the “party pantry” looking for something to ingest. Two years ago in a story in Britain’s Daily Mail, they reported that the two smoked crack in front of their 5 year old daughter Bobbi Kristina. Sadly, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and tragically, Bobbi Kristina died almost under identical circumstances as her drug induced mother, almost 3 1/2 years later.
…and the Winner (Loser) is…
1. Mama June – Aside from her pageant mom-ster attitude, Mama June was dating, and raising “Honey Boo Boo” with a man who had just recently been out of prison on a 10-year sentence for child molestation. This also happens to be the same man, they called “Sugar Bear,” who was doing that time for molesting Mama June’s own daughter, Anna.