The world’s greatest rock and roll band is about to hit the road again. “I kept hedging when people asked me, but I knew, the year before,” Mick Jagger admits in the exclusive video below. […]
Rolling Stones fans have been waiting for months to find out the band’s tour plans, and while rumors have been circulating about what their plans will be, one thing is certain: Charlie Watts will be […]
The Rolling Stones lined up a bunch of big-name guests for their “One More Shot” pay-per-view concert on Saturday night, ranging from twenty-something superstar Lady Gaga to sixty-something legend Bruce Springsteen. But the biggest reaction from the crowd went to the guest with the least celebrity power: the band’s former guitar player Mick Taylor.
Rolling Stones fans across the country are hoping that the band’s “50 And Counting” tour will extend to more dates in 2013. But as of now, their U.S. dates are limited to this past Saturday’s concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, and this week’s shows at the Prudential Center in New Jersey. So if you can’t make it to the New York area for the shows (or you can’t afford the ticket prices, which are now well into the thousands of dollars), here are a few live Stones albums you can rock for a lot less money.
Last night (November 25), The Rolling Stones played their first arena concert in six years at England’s O2 Arena. The band played a two-hour-plus set, spanning their 50 year career.
Do you need access to your favorite Rolling Stones songs, as well as Stones videos and info on the band, 24/7? You’re in luck (if you have an iPhone): there’s an app for that.
After months of anticipation, on November 15 HBO premiered “Crossfire Hurricane,” the much-talked about documentary about The Rolling Stones. CBS Local spoke to the film’s director, Brett Morgen, about the access he got to all of the living Rolling Stones — Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood, as well as former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor — and the perks to getting access to their vaults.
In stores this week is GRRR!, a career-spanning greatest hits set by The Rolling Stones. There are several versions of the collection available, including the 80-track “Super Deluxe” version. But with 50 years under their collective belt, even 80 songs doesn’t seem enough. Here, we suggest a couple of other great Stones songs that could make it an even 100 (and there’d still be songs missing).
At their two Paris gigs, the Stones stuck with some of the classics: “It’s Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It),” “Miss You,” “Tumbling Dice,” “Start Me Up,” “Midnight Rambler,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “Brown Sugar” all made both shows, as did their new song “Doom and Gloom.” Last night’s gig added some other deep cuts, including “All Down The Line” from 1972′s Exile On Main Street, and “You Got Me Rockin’” from 1994′s Voodoo Lounge. But we have some requests for the band when they hit the arenas.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary with a photo book, HBO documentary and what everyone was hoping for; reunion shows. The band recently spoke with Rolling Stone magazine about the anniversary and upcoming shows for a feature that will be published in the November 8th issue. Before you get your hands on it and sit down for a lengthy read, here are five points you need to know about.
- McCartney Concertgoers Meet... Prince Plays The Billboard... Paul McCartney's "Out There"... The Rolling Stones In Concert...
- Wolverine Wax Work Revealed... Bonnie Tyler Attends... O.J. Simpson In Court, Seeks... Paul McCartney Through The...
- Cirque Du Soleil's "Michael... ABBA Museum Opens In Sweden Elton John, Rod Stewart At... The Rolling Stones Launch 50...
- Steven Tyler's "Epic" Photo... Cyndi Lauper Reacts To Tony... Deep Purple Perform At... 35th Anniversary Of Cheap...
- Tweet of the Day : McCartney clubsun.1059sunnyfm.radio.com/asp3/lwcodes.a… 1 hour ago
- Prince tears it up at the @Billboard Music Awards: cbsloc.al/Z8fc0I 2 hours ago
- [PHOTOS] @PaulMcCartney concertgoers get pictures taken with our Sir Paul at @AmwayCenter : cbsloc.al/Z8eQqI 3 hours ago
- The worst national anthem performance ever? Canadian singer forgets lyrics to Star-Spangled Banned: cbsloc.al/Z7SmpP 4 hours ago
- Why are millions of bees suddenly dying? One farmer blames pesticides: cbsloc.al/12GVlml 5 hours ago