A rumor started circulating over the weekend that The Rolling Stones will co-headline the Coachella Music Festival in 2013 after a fan saw a Coachella date on the band’s official app. Though the fan tweeted a screengrab, the date was quickly taken down from the app.
Jones tells CBS Local that though he’s proud of his time in the band, he “would have given anything not to have joined The Who and to have Keith [Moon] alive and kicking.”
The Who is preparing to go on a tour where they’ll perform their 1973 classic, “Quadrophenia,” in full. But while they’re on the road, Pete Townshend’s musical collaborator, Rachel Fuller, is preparing a symphonic rendition of the album. Kenney Jones is currently working on an orchestral rendition of the Small Faces’ 1968 landmark release “Ogdens’ Nut Gone Flake.”
Upon listening to “You Need Loving,” it’s immediately obvious that Led Zeppelin borrowed more than a little from The Small Faces. Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love,” released three years later, sounds remarkably similar to “You Need Loving,” and Robert Plant’s delivery has a huge Steve Marriott influence.
The 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, held at Cleveland’s historic Public Hall, was packed with moving speeches and memorable performances. The show, however, was influenced as much by artists who were […]
“These singers, they’re droppin’ like flies!” Ronnie Wood joked, but longtime fans of The Faces weren’t laughing: it turns out that the band’s singer, Rod Stewart, won’t be present tomorrow night to perform with his […]
When the announcement came that this year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction class would include the Faces, the reaction from many was, “They’re not in yet?” Two of the members have been inducted […]
It’s been a long four months for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Since the Rock Hall announced its class of 2012 inductees back in December, the chatter surrounding the induction ceremony — specifically, […]
While it appears the Rolling Stones aren’t hitting the road in 2012, it does not mean certain band members aren’t keeping busy. A second induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a worldwide […]
Rod Stewart will use the Rock Hall Induction of his former band the Faces as the perfect excuse to get the old band back together. The British Invasion rockers haven’t all performed together since 1993 […]
- Carole King First Woman To... Jerry Lewis Returns To Film... A-ha's Morten Harket Makes... McCartney Concertgoers Meet...
- Prince Plays The Billboard... Paul McCartney's "Out There"... The Rolling Stones In Concert... Wolverine Wax Work Revealed...
- Bonnie Tyler Attends... O.J. Simpson In Court, Seeks... Paul McCartney Through The... Cirque Du Soleil's "Michael...
- ABBA Museum Opens In Sweden Elton John, Rod Stewart At... The Rolling Stones Launch 50... Steven Tyler's "Epic" Photo...
- .@billyjoel had a speaking role in this Disney animated film. Know what it is? @BetteMidler was in it too! cbsloc.al/130qxx7 1 hour ago
- Today's Morning Crusty is a Bob Seger hit from the Beverly Hills Cop II soundtrack. Know what it is? cbsloc.al/130rsxn 2 hours ago
- Need a new book for summer? @LWeisberger @ClaireCookwrite @101Dreamslist & @maryalicemonroe have you covered. cbsloc.al/1304XZs 15 hours ago
- Congrats to the great @Carole_King! First woman to receive coveted Gershwin Prize: cbsloc.al/16WKhI3 http://t.co/Aiunpku6mx 16 hours ago
- Legendary Giorgio Moroder DJs in Brooklyn, spinning Donna Summer and more: cbsloc.al/10lIGaf 17 hours ago